Birth Name: Bonnie Leigh McKee
Nickname(s): BonBon, Bambi
Birthday: January 20, 1984
Star Sign: Aquarius
Birthplace: Vacaville, California
Current Residence: Hollywood, California
Hair Color: Natural Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
- Bonnie was named after her grandma.
- She is classically trained on piano.
- She has two tattoos; a set of three stars on her wrist and a small sparrow and star located below her hip.
- She started singing when she was 3 years old.
- She wrote all the songs on Trouble before she turned 16.
- She joined the Seattle Girls’ Choir when she was in 3rd grade. While in the choir, she toured Europe and sang at the Vatican.
- She’s been married (and then got divorced.)
- She owns a home in Hollywood Hills.
- She was signed to Reprise Records when she was a teenager.
- She was signed to Epic Records in 2012, however she is now releasing music independently.
- She wrote 9 songs that became #1 hits in the US and/or the UK between 2010 and 2012.
- The first song Bonnie wrote, around the age of 13, was called Kitten.
- Bonnie credits her dad for teaching her melody, stating “…we used to play together and he taught me how to sing in harmony. We played bluegrass songs together. I would play piano and he would play the guitar.”
- Madonna, Michael Jackson, Tina Turner and Blondie are all musical influences for Bonnie.
Simple Meaning: Pretty
Bonnie is a Scottish female personal name that means “pretty”, derived from the French “bonne” meaning “good”. It’s somewhat similar to the Spanish “Bonita” also meaning “pretty”.
Gender: Feminine & Masculine
From a surname which was derived from Old English leah meaning “clearing”.
Northern Irish and Scottish: variant of McKay.
Omg the moon is so bright I need moonglasses
I loved ‘Teenage Dream’. I think that was my favorite one and that was a hard one for me to give up because I’ve had that teenage theme kind of throughout my music.
When I got Tommy Lee in drag, as me, flying through the air, upside-down, playing the drums, I literally started crying. I took a reaction video and sent it to him, like, “Look at what you did to me.”
I’m heavily influenced by eighties pop culture.
- Blender (Unknown Issue)
- Bop (Unknown Issue)
- Teen People (Unknown Issue)
- Hits (November 19)
- Teen Vogue (December/January)
- Billboard (November 20)
- BMI MusicWorld (Winter 2010-2011)
- Rolling Stone (April 25 or 28)
- Schon! (Issue #18)
- Capricho (Unknown Issue)
- ELLE (May or June)
- Glamoholic (December)
- La Canvas (July/August)
- Galaxie (October 1)
- Marie Claire (November)
- Nylon (November)
- Submerge Issue 146 (September 30-October14, 2013)
- The Hollywood Reporter (February 15)
- David Atlanta Magazine (Issue #70)
- Billboard (August 17)
- Submerge (Issue #146)
- Cosmo (March)
- Fault (Issue #17)
- Icon (New Year Issue)
- Kode (Issue #1/Spring)
- US Weekly (February 17)
- Genlux (Fall)
- Unleashed (Next Generation Issue)
- V Magazine (Spring 2014)
- Animals (Issue #1/Fall 2015)
- Kode (Issue #8/October)
- Frontiers (Vol. 34 Issue #12)
- Darren Craig / Photographer, director, boyfriend
- Kathryn Burns / Choreographer
- Anthony H. Nguyen / Makeup Artist
- Aaron Light / Hair Stylist
- Valerie Franco / Drummer
- Heather Baker / Guitarist
- Caroline D’Amore / Keyboard
- Alex S. / Assistant
- Francesca Bevens / Backup Dancer
- Stephanie Rose / Backup Dancer